Thursday, November 27, 2008

Memorial - One (Cold) Night Only

> This posting is for last weekend (I'll post for our Thanksgiving
> trip in the next day or so) when we took off for Memorial Park, our
> local fave county park campground, for just one night...
>
> And what a bl##dy cold night it was too: It was about half-way
> through the night where I realised I required a higher spec sleeping
> bag (the rest of the gang wondered what my fuss was about - though
> only 'cause I equipped them with top-of-the-range North Face sacs).
>
> Low point: Fourth kids' toilet trip in the night (I guess the cold
> shrinks the nippers' bladders) and losing the little remaining
> feeling in my cold, dead toes.
>
> High point: Realising we virtually had the place to ourselves on
> the Sunday with sunshine, fried eggs and scooting!
>
> Top tune: iPod in shuffle mode provided us with a strangely
> melancholic and ecclectic (Kay, editor, would like to suggest I use
> the word 'rubbish here') mix, but the best would have to be
> Leftfield, a song called Original, from the album Leftism (begins,
> 'sonically, we're in control...').
>

No comments:

Post a Comment